"Fiddlehead" Risotto (Stardew Valley Inspired)
- About 4 cups chicken stock (I made my own using this Basics Video by Binging with Babish)
- 2 cups additional vegetable stock (Quickly made with Better than Bouillon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 3 cloves garlic- thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- "Fiddlehead ferns" - green beans boiled, cooled and shaped into curls with toothpicks (optional)
- Bring chicken stock to boil, cover and reduce to low to keep at a low simmer
- In medium pan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add the 1 1/4 cups rice and stir for about a minute to coat the grains and lightly toast
- Add garlic (3 cloves- sliced) and cook about 1-2 minutes or until aromatic
- Add 1/2 cup stock and stir well, stir often until the liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat for about 30 minutes, 1/2 cup stock at a time. Regulate moisture by adjusting heat as necessary. Use the chicken stock first and then swap to the vegetable stock as needed (also adds flavors). Looking for a final creamy consistency.
- When rice is done, add cheese. Stir well to combine.
- For the optional "fiddleheads" you can saute the green beans (or asparagus or actual fiddlehead ferns) in olive oil and some garlic until cooked. Add on top.